Friday, October 5, 2012

Canada Cruise, Day 5 - 25 Sep 2012

Charlottetown, PEI

We arrived at the home of Ann of Green Gables and walked the streets of Charlettetown.  Clear skies and warm temperatures were a welcome relief.  Chocolate-covered Pringles were a nice treat.  "Cow chips".  Lunch at Henderson's Pub included pints of Guinness and mussels.

Birding was not on the menu today, as there were few birds to be seen.  I did see a small flock of Double-crested Cormorants on one of the piers, so Robin and I went to see if maybe there might be a Great Cormorant there.  No such luck...

But I decided to digiscope a few of the cooperative birds, and even had a couple of hometown gents stop to ask me about digiscoping rigs.  Robin took my picture as I gave a short seminar.

We returned to the ship, where our day steadily went downhill.  Robin had an allergic reaction to the mussels and would end up spending the evening in intensive care in the ship's hospital.  Ouch...  But, a good night's sleep and all was well again the following morning.

Next stop, Gaspesie, Quebec and Northern Gannets!


2 comments:

Cathy Carroll said...

Yes, that sure looks like you with all your gear and in a typical pose. Robin got it right. I've been to the Gaspe peninsula - a long time ago; I'm sure it's changed some by now - but you are in for a beautiful treat.

Cathy Carroll said...

Yes, that looks like you in all your gear and typical pose. Robin got it right.

I've been to the Gaspe peninsula - years ago; I'm sure it's changed some by now. But you are in for a beautiful treat.

Blog Archive