Wednesday, January 8, 2014

High ISO Birding - 08 Jan 2014

Winters in Michigan usually means overcast skies and low light.  To compensate I've set the D7100 to Auto ISO (100-1600) with a minimum shutter speed of 1/400 sec. so as to make sure that I get some keeper images with the 300/2.8 VRII and 1.4TCII.  I was surprised this evening when I reviewed the latest batch of images only to find that all were taken at ISO 2000 or higher!  I must've hit a function button or something, but even with today's sunny skies I was taking photos at 1/8000 sec. at ISO 2000.  The photos came out nice, but a bit on the grainy side...







The American Tree Sparrow was a nice find tonight at the feeder here in Wyandotte!  High ISO is great, and noise reduction software does a nice job, but for now I'm going back to ISO 400 and see how I do.

No comments:

Blog Archive