Wednesday, May 7, 2014

One Hour at The BWIAB - 07 May 2014

Nashville Warbler
I had planned on spending the day at The Biggest Week in American Birding, but work called. I was needed for an important meeting, so the morning was off. Heavy rainstorms softened the disappointment, so I could wait until tomorrow to get down there. But my meetings ended early enough so I took a quick run down to the festival. I was hoping to see Stephen Ingraham, Optics Expert for Zeiss Sport Optics, and Paul Sayegh, inventor of the Digidapter, to discuss Digiscoping issues.

Tennessee Warbler
I arrived at Optics Alley at 3 pm and saw Jeff Bouton, Optics Expert for Leica. We chatted for a few minutes. I then saw the great Kimberly Kaufman, Director of the Black Swamp Birding Observatory and Festival Coordinator. Then I talked with Linda Rockwell, part of our Blogging Team. I saw Mr. Ingraham and caught up with him.  What a great 30 minutes!

As I heading back to the car a group of birders were enjoying a mini fallout of warblers in the bushes just across the road. I stopped and joined them, scoping and digiscoping Nashville Warbler, Tennessee Warbler, and Magnolia Warbler with the Nikon V3 and Digidapter™! Several Yellow-rumped Warblers appeared, as well.

Cape May Warbler
Then I met a lovely lady named Ann, and helped her ID the birds we were looking at. Then I saw the lovely Janet Hug as she drove up and asked what we were looking at. I apologized to her for not looking up since I had a gorgeous Cape May Warbler in digiscoping view. I then saw the lovely Ann Smith and lovely Diane Kovach as I headed back to the car. When I looked at the clock I saw that it was 4 pm.



Yellow Warbler
What a great hour at the Biggest Week!

No comments:

Blog Archive