Monday, August 17, 2015

Chimney Swifts! - 16 Aug 2015

I'd been waiting for them to arrive since Robin and I moved here to Brownton Abbey in early May. I've seen the Tree Swallows, Barn Swallows,  and even Northern Rough-winged Swallows, but until this evening I had not had the pleasure of seeing the "flying cigars".  So, when Asia and I went outside and enjoyed the evening's quiet while lounging in the grass, I looked up and saw a massive flock of Chimney Swifts swirling overhead. At least 100 birds were moving over the trees near West Road and were moving our way.

I ran into the house and grabbed the camera, and for the next hour or so, practiced my skeet shooting with the camera with the hope of capturing a few birds in focus. I made this composite from the almost 300 photos taken. Nikon D7100, Nikon 300 mm / f2.8 VRII, 1.7TCIII and MB-D10 Motor Drive.

3 comments:

Cathy Carroll said...

One of my favorite birds.

Mark Wloch said...

Nice composite. I sure you saw them frequently in Wyandotte. I had them just about daily in Southgate. More suitable habitat(chimneys), I guess.

Tung Nguyen said...

I like bird


thiet ke nha
thiet ke nha dep
nha xinh
cong ty nha xinh
nha dep
biet thu dep
nha pho dep
noi that dep
duong vat gia da nang
duong vat gia hit tuong

Blog Archive