Saturday, September 19, 2015

Recent Yard Treats - 19 Sep 2015

This Nashville Warbler appeared throughout the day last Saturday here in Brownstown and represents the 2nd warbler seen this fall. My first, a Chestnut-sided Warbler appeared a few days earlier, but was too quick to photograph from the back window.



Last appearance of a Ruby-throated Hummingbird was this past Wednesday. But last Saturday a pair of birds were squabbling near the feeder and I managed to digiscope one bird attempting to drink from below the flower / port. I had no luck following it as it flew to the Cardinal Flower just below.

After Sunday's great outing to Holiday Beach I came home and spent a half-hour looking for migrating hawks from the back yard. I found 2 Broad-winged Hawks, and a pair of American Kestrels (at left) soaring overhead. Score!

No comments:

Blog Archive