Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Great Blue Herons! - 20 Dec 2016


After leaving Sterling State Park I drove by Pt. Mouillee SGA. Another "Gray Ghost" Northern Harrier was flying by the Antennae Farm, but offered no photo opps. An American Kestrel was seen on an overhead wire, but again, offered no photo opps.

I drove down Campau Rd. and found a pair of Great Blue Herons in the canal to my left. I was able to get some pics as they slipped on the wet ice while trying to fly away.

Another GBH was on the opposite side of the road.

Lake Erie and the Huron River were frozen, but one could see thousands of waterfowl/gulls far out on the lake in open water.  When I stopped by the foot of Lee Rd. at Lake Erie Metropark.

I would come home just in time to see a pair of Red-bellied Woodpeckers at the suet feeder!

No comments:

Blog Archive